Info Planet Ltd will hold your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2016) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
Info Planet Ltd, as data controller, has notified its processing to the UK Information Commissioner (Reg Number ZA080824).
We will process your data to
Info Planet Ltd will only send you marketing emails if you have asked to receive them (opted in). If you decide in future you do not wish us to send you any marketing materials about future events please send an email to email@example.com.
- Undertake market research and conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
Data we process
Financial - Your financial position, status and history
Contact - Where you live and how to contact you
Transactional - Details about payments to and from your accounts with us
Contractual - Details about the products or services we provide to you
Locational - Data we get about where you are
Technical - Details on the devices and technology you use
Communications - What we learn about you from letters, emails, and conversations between us
Useage data - Other data about how you use our products and service
Consents - Any permissions, consents, or preferences that you give us. This includes things like how you want us to contact you
Why we can process your data
The law says we must have one of these reasons:
- To fulfill a contract we have with you
- When it is our legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest
- When you consent to it
Where there is a contract in place we will need your data in order to provide you with the service e.g. contact you to make arrangements, attend a venue etc.
Where you consent to us using your data, e.g. direct marketing by email, you can withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop using processing your data. If you wish to do that, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. Our legitimate interests are:
- Keeping our records up to date, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them.
- Developing products and services, and what we charge for them.
- Defining types of customers for new products or services
Visitors to the website
No personal data is gathered automatically by Info Planet Ltd when someone visits this website.
Sharing Your Information
Info Planet Ltd will share your data with organisations we have a contract with in order to provide the service e.g. another external training company, venues, printers, online survey companies.
Info Planet Ltd will not sell your personal data to any other external organisation or individual.
Info Planet Ltd will not share it with any other third party unless required to do so by law e.g. law enforcement agencies such as the Police, HMRC, Immigration, the ICO etc.
Info Planet Ltd may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business, or our assets. Or we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. During any such process, we may share your data with other parties. We’ll only do this if they agree to keep your data safe and private. If the change happens, then other parties may use your data in the same way as set out in this notice.
Where we store you data
Data is held securely on a server in the UK. Transfer of data by email or as part of online surveys may mean your data is transferred outside of the EU via a contract we have in place with our processors.
How long will we keep your data?
Info Planet Ltd will keep records relating to any financial transactions and services for 7 years. Other data will be deleted 3 years after the last active contact.
Complaints or queries
We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or if we have had a personal data breach. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
If you remain unhappy with how we have dealt with your complaint, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk.
Access to personal information
You can find out if we hold any of your personal data by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- tell you where we got it from; and
- let you have a copy of the data.
To make a request for any data we may hold on you, you can email the address below. It is free of charge to submit a request. We may only refuse if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We have a month to answer you.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to
- correct any mistakes;
- delete data we hold on you that we no longer have a legitimate need to use;
- restrict the use of the data temporarily if you think it is wrong or we should not have it;
- stop using your data that does not have a legal or contractual obligation;
- ask for any data that you have provided to us or we have observed, that has been automatically processed, under consent or contract, to be exported to another company or yourself, in a machine readable format. We currently do not undertake any automated processing of your data; and
- prevent any fully automated decisions involving your data. We do not currently use any fully automated decision-making techniques.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 6th August 2019 (v1.5).
How to contact us
If you want to request more information about our privacy notice, or exercise any of your rights, you can email us at email@example.com.